Friday, March 20, 2009

A Little Catchup

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm still alive...I've been really bad about blogging lately, a lot of drama that I'm trying to clean up and out of my life. It's tough making decisions telling the truth and standing for what you believe in, trying not to be judgemental, but still not just turning a blind eye...it's even harder when you are misunderstood, or when you start blaming yourself for ALL of it hoping that will make it all better. But the truth is sometimes you are meant to walk away with the other person unhappy with you, misunderstanding...and you have to continue to work on yourself, hear God's voice and let Him do your defending for you.

So I'm not feeling well...fighting off getting sick so I'm about to zonk myself out with some Nyquil after I'm done writing this and have a bowl of soup.

Nate and I are doing fabulous in our marriage...which is such a success story since we were really hitting some rough patches there for awhile. We are finding rest in life. Choosing not worry about how things will end up, focusing on today! We've been walking together! Which has been amazing, because it's cheering me up a ton, a lot of people are noticing that I've lost weight now, and we get that quality time even if it's just for 15 minutes between Nate's jobs...he's giving me that time while the sun is still up and it means the world to me.

You know how I've been wanting a puppy? Well I found some a little more inexpensive and still the kind I want....so I'm praying that shortly after our move I can get one! =]

Tomorrow I have work. Sunday, I'm dropping Nate off at work, heading to church with the rents, registering for the Passover Sader!!! oh yeah...and hanging out with the fam till I go pick Nate up and we get to hang out in the evening. Then Monday, I head back out to Lakeland for the women's night at church, Nate told me I need to go, and I'm dragging my mom along. We are going to have a great time, stepping a tad bit out of our comfort zone. I always tend to hate the before part...a couple of days before I'm supposed to hang out with someone or go somewhere I find reasons why I shouldn't go, or just completely dread it, but after I get there, I flourish, making friends with every person that steps in my path, I leave feeling refreshed and fullfilled I need to remind myself of that on Sunday...but so far so good, I'm excited. Probably because Nate and my dad have now been to two Men's nights and simply gush about them afterwards. =] I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh and for those of you who were praying for my friends Steve and Kim. I'm sorry to let you know that Steve did pass away, on March 8th. His wife his obviously having a hard time with it, being in a house all on her own now with so much more life to live. So if you could just please keep lifting her up. She is so much stronger than I have ever seen a woman. Rejoicing in the gain of her husband, to be in heaven. But now is the time where things are really hitting her so to speak and she needs some extra strength. Thank you friends.

Talk to you more later.

No comments: