Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So nothing super new to report. Nate finally put my shelves up on the walls so our house is looking more homey. YAY for hubby's!

We have really picked up our exercise schedule, and I'm just SO proud of us! I've been doing 6 miles 4-5 times a week. Nate has been doing at least 9 miles 5 times a week. We also have been going to bed and getting up earlier. Who would've thought that me miss night owl would be going to sleep at 10pm and 11pm! So our progress...Nate lost 4 inches and 2 lbs last week I maintained my weight and lost 3 inches from my waist 1/2 inch from my bust and gained a lb in my hips..which is actually good, b/c as I gained weight my butt vanished and now it's getting all round and cute again. =] My weight is redistributing and I feel fabulous.

This week we are focusing on portion control and I started this morning getting up with him in the morning to exercise as well. Add in there all the push-ups, crunches, reverse crunches, bench dips, hip rolls and so on our lives are pretty much eat, sleep, exercise. Oh! but we decided that if we could be disciplined in our physical fitness we also wanted to get disciplined spiritually. So we have a plan to get through the Bible together in 2 months. Since we are eating smaller portions our time for eating has decreased and we are reading roughly 20 chapters a day together. That at least is the goal. I'm excited yesterday was our first day....and it was really exciting to re-read through things, see new things we hadn't seen before and most of all just dedicating some of our quality time to God just felt amazing. We gotta keep praising even when things are rough. So we are feeling a ton better, to say the least.

This week is pretty busy, we have a few visitors from Texas coming to see us. Which is so fun! We haven't seen them since we've moved so I'm sure we will be roaring with laughter and there will be lots of chatting and hugging and what not, I can't wait!

Nate also has a meeting with one of our pastors this week, if you could pray for them. That Nate's heart would be understood and receptive to the counsel he receives. And that we as a couple would make the right decisions reguarding certain relationships in our lives.

So I guess that's it for now. Oh one more thing, lol one of my goals for this year was to read a book every month. Although I did it the first month I had a hard time for a little while, well now I found this series that I LOVE and have read through each book in like 2 days. They are based off of quilts, which sounds boring but it's all the stories about the people, their struggles, their victories...well it's just amazing so I wanted to let everyone know that I'm getting somewhere with my resolutions. Maybe I should have a resolutions update soon. =] How about yours?

Blessings to you as you finish your week.

2 comments:

Ronnica said...

Wow, looks like you're building some good disciplines into your life...awesome! I think that's great that you're reading the Bible together. I think it's important for couples to seek to grow in the faith together, not just individually.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!