Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Soundtrack of Our Love

Happy July everyone! I decided to try for all my posts this month to include a song that would be in Nathan and My soundtrack of love. Since it is our wedding anniversary month. So sorry to those sick of hearing me gloat about my husband, but I just can't help it when you are blessed this much it just overflows out of you without warning sometimes. =]

Before I start this fun though a prayer request, my good friend that I went to school with back in Texas who got married shortly after Nathan and I has moved out and filed for divorce. Her husband has gotten a huge wake up call as to things he has done wrong and is now trying redeem himself, showing her that he HAS realized he has treated her wrong and yet loves her deeply. She has allowed hurt to overtake her and is VERY set on being divorced, and unfortunately her family thinks this is acceptable and are encouraging her. I'm praying that her ears would be closed to lies, and her heart healed and softened to hear the truth. Please agree with me for the restoration of their marriage. I'm sure most of us married folks can understand the hard times we go through, where we feel misunderstood and distant I myself have just come out of such hard times in my own marriage these few months have been even better now that we have gone through that rough patch I pray the same happens for them, that their love would grow and be even more fullfilling after this tough time. Thanks a ton!

Okay now to the fun stuff...one of the first "songs" Nathan and I ever had was I Got You Babe - by Sonny and Cher haha yep cheesy & cute for sure this was before the I love you's at the beginning of what would become an amazing relationship.

HER: They say we're young and we don't know We won't find out until we grow
HIM: Well I don't know if all that's true'Cause you got me, and baby I got you
HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babe I got you babe
HER: They say our love won't pay the rent Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
HIM: I guess that's so, we don't have a pot But at least I'm sure of all the things we got
HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babeI got you babe
HIM: I got flowers in the spring I got you to wear my ring
HER: And when I'm sad, you're a clown And if I get scared, you're always around
HER: Don't let them say your hair's too long'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
HIM: Then put your little hand in mine There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babeI got you babe
HIM: I got you to hold my hand
HER: I got you to understand
HIM: I got you to walk with me
HER: I got you to talk with meI got you to kiss goodnight I got you to hold me tightI got you, I won't let goI got you to love me so
BOTH: I got you babeI got you babeI got you babe I got you babeI got you babe

Here's a link to the video, so cute!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzW_7ANnHZI

Forever Nathan's,

No comments: